About the NCASA
The North Carolina Association for Scholastic Activities (NCASA) is a 501(c)(3) non - profit association of schools that promotes academic excellence and success of North Carolina students through scholastic competition.
Who We Are
We believe that scholastic activities enrich students by satisfying their psychological and social needs. We believe that interscholastic competition motivates students to reach their full potential and teaches sportsmanship and teamwork.
What We Do
We encourage the academic excellence and success of North Carolina students and schools by:
- Promoting existing scholastic activities and competitions.
- Creating innovative, enriching activities and competitions.
- Rewarding individuals and schools for participation and excellence.
The NCASA website is a growing source of information for all scholastic activities and competitions in North Carolina. We are working with existing organizations to provide information about these scholastic activities and competitions.
In addition to serving as a resource for academic activities and competitions, we have partnered with major scholastic competitions in North Carolina to present the NCASA Scholastic Cup. and the Middle School Cup. These awards are presented to the schools with the best overall performance in scholastic competitions hosted by NCASA and our Partners.
- Quiz Bowl — Two teams of four compete head to head to be the first to answer questions read by a moderator. Quiz Bowl is presented in cooperation with National Academic Quiz Tournaments (NAQT).
- The Quill — Teams of four students must create written products given a prompt from each of four writing styles: Literary Analysis, Argumentation, Problem/Solution, and Creative Writing. The Quill is an original competition developed in cooperation with the North Carolina Reading Association (NCRA).
- Twelve — Teams of twelve students tackle twelve topics with twelve questions each. Twelve is an original competition developed by the North Carolina Association for Scholastic Activities (NCASA).
- Show Choir — Show Choirs from around the state engage in a live competition to battle for the championship.
How To Join
Membership in NCASA is open to middle and high schools of all types of North Carolina schools -- public, charter, independent, and home school. Go to our Membership Page.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the North Carolina Association for Scholastic Activities, or if you would like more information about NCASA or the Scholastic Cup, please contact:
Phone: (919) 771 - 9272
Last Updated (Sunday, May 13, 2012 04:48 PM)